Four displaced after fire in Holyoke - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

Four displaced after fire in Holyoke

Posted: Updated:

Firefighters responded to a fire at 103 Newton St. just after 11:30 a.m. Saturday morning.

Lt. Thomas Paquin of the Holyoke Fire Department told CBS 3 that when crews first arrived, fire was visible out of the first and second floor windows.

Paquin said the cause of the fire was a malfunctioning gas-fired space heater.

The three people who live in the building got out OK, but will have to stay with relatives for the time being.

A next-door neighbor has also been displaced temporarily due to smoke damage.

The neighbor is being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Copyright 2012 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.