Admitted Chardon shooter TJ Lane is expected to change his plea during a hearing this morning.
Lane had previously pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.
The 18-year old Chardon High School student is charged with three counts of aggravated murder, two counts of attempted aggravated murder and one count of felonious assault.
Prosecutors say on Feb. 27, 2012,Lane entered the cafeteria at Chardon High School and opened fire.
17-year-old Russell King, Jr., 16-year-old Daniel Parmertor and 16-year-old Demetrius Hewlin were killed in the shooting. 17-year-old Nick Walczak remains paralyzed from the waist down. 18-year-old Joy Rickers and a 6th, unidentified victim were treated and released from the hospital.
Lane was recorded in a police cruiser after he was picked up and read his rights saying, "I shot people." An officer asked why and he responded "I don't know."
Last week, one of Lane's lawyers told 19 Action News that a plea deal is in the works for the teen. "The parties are working on plea negotiations at this time," said Attorney Ian Friedman.
Copyright 2013 WOIO. All rights reserved.