There is a new drug floating around the Valley, and this designer cocktail is nothing to mess with. It's called "N-Bomb."
Investigators believe it's connected to the deaths of two Scottsdale teenagers and several overdoses.
Noah Carrasco, 18, died in January. An advanced toxicology report is still out, but his family believes he died after taking two drops of "N-Bomb" administered through his nose. According to text messages on Carrasco's phone, the teen thought he had purchased LSD.
Susan Wadsworth is Carrasco's mother. The thought of talking to the media about her son's death made her tense but she made the decision it was something she had to do.
"He was very intelligent. He had good common sense," Wadsworth said.
She told CBS 5 News her son had dreams of being a professional musician. The Saguaro High School senior was a member of the Phoenix Boys Choir and a talented guitar player. But one bad decision in January ended all of that.
"I talked to him countless times about drugs and I don't think he would have done this if he would have known what it really was," Wadsworth said.
Over the past three months Carrasco's uncle, Jay Wadsworth, has been able to piece together what happened during the last few hours he was alive.
"He very quickly had a negative experience to the drug. His friends said he was paranoid and didn't want to be touched. He was very much freaking out," said Jay Wadsworth.
Friends said Carrasco later passed out. Someone drove him around for several hours before taking him to the hospital. By the time he was admitted to the ER, he was already dead.
"There is still so much that we don't know about the drug that killed him. It's still entirely possible that even had he gotten to the hospital immediately, it wouldn't have done any good," Jay Wadsworth said.
Meanwhile, Susan Wadsworth is preparing to talk with her younger son about the dangers of drugs.
"I will certainly talk to him just like I talked to Noah and I will talk to him about his older brother and I hope that will be enough," Susan Wadsworth said.
The drug most often comes in the form of white powder, but it can also be a light brown or tan powder, and is sold like LSD on small squares of blotter paper or liquid drops.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.