A source with the NC Department of Health and Human Services confirms to WBTV News that Dr. Brent Hall, the pathologist in Boone who performed the autopsies on Daryl and Shirley Jenkins has resigned his post.
Documents uncovered by WBTV News show the NC Office of the Chief Medical Examiner discovered two weeks ago that carbon monoxide poisoning may have killed 72-year-old Shirley Mae Jenkins.
That was seven days before 11-year old Jeffrey Williams died from CO exposure while staying in the same room at the Best Western Hotel in Boone.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.