Forest officials are planning what to do next after the Doce Fire burned 6,767 acres of the Prescott National Forest, and cost more than $7.2 million.
The Prescott National Forest BAR team said they plan to apply seeds and mulch to areas of severe burn to limit the risk to soils, hydrologic function and forest resources.
Officials are also warning of potential flooding and debris for residents who live downstream from the burned.
The human-caused fire was fully contained on Thursday.
In all, Hotshot crews and more than 740 firefighters, 21 hand crews, 27 engines, one helicopter and one bulldozer were used to contain the fire.
"The crews cut a direct fire line, and separated the fuel from the fire," Tony Sciacca said. "Crews dragged hoses, and water and extinguished hot spots. We feel the fire will not escape that containment line."
He said Iron Springs Road, south of the fire, between the intersection with Williamson Valley and Conteras roads, has reopened.
No structures had been lost, and 460 homes had been evacuated.
One person had a minor eye abrasion from the fire. No other injuries have been reported.
Individuals who may have seen suspicious activity related to the Doce Fire are asked to contact Forest Service Law Enforcement and Investigations at 928-527-3508 or 928-527-3509.
[Text BREAKING to 23765 to get news alerts on your mobile phone]
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
UPDATEOfficials assessing impact of 6,700-acre Doce FireMore>>