Woman dies from injuries after Springfield fire - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

Woman dies from injuries after Springfield fire

Posted: Updated:

A Springfield woman has died from her injuries after being seriously burned in a fire last Tuesday.

Springfield fire officials said 34-year-old Opal Sanders died from her injuries Monday.

Sanders suffered burns on 80 percent of her body. Her Ambrose Street home caught on fire just before 4 a.m. It started near a stove in the upstairs of her two-story house.

Sanders was taken to Baystate Medical Center with burns to her face, arms and body. She has been transferred to another hospital for burn treatment.

Another resident, 80-year-old Easkine Chaffin, was treated for smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.