Springfield firefighters put out garage fire - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

Springfield firefighters put out garage fire

Posted: Updated:

Combustibles placed too close to a wood stove in a Springfield garage sparked a fire Thursday night.

Springfield firefighters responded to 86 Davis Street around 5 p.m. 

Fire officials tell CBS 3 that four adults and one kid were inside at the time, but were unharmed. 

They will be able to stay in the home since most of the damage was contained to the garage. 

The fire caused close to $50,000 in damage. 

Copyright 2013 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.