A Phoenix Fire Department hazmat crew found no chlorine leak after an alarm was activated at a water treatment plant Thursday morning.
The alarm went off shortly after 7 a.m. and water treatment personnel told firefighters a small reading of chlorine was detected in a contained building, said Phoenix Fire Capt. Ruben Saavedra.
The hazmat team needed some time to suit up before entering the plant at 91st Avenue and Broadway Road in Phoenix and additional hazmat crews were called in, inspected the building and determined there was no leak, Saavedra said.
Copyright 2014 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.