Fire at 'Hawaii Five-0' star's home caused by spontaneous combus - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

Fire at 'Hawaii Five-0' star's home caused by spontaneous combustion

Posted: Updated:
WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow) -

Two days after neighbors heard a loud blast and a fire suddenly sparked at the home of actor Alex O'Loughlin, investigators have determined the cause: spontaneous combustion.

Honolulu investigators say the fire Monday afternoon at the Hawaii Five-0 star's Diamond Head home began in a pile of oily rags in the garage that were used for a wood project.

Firefighters kept the flames mostly confined to the garage and its contents. Damages are estimated at $110,000.

O'Loughlin lives in the multi-million dollar home with former model Malia Jones and three children. No one was injured.


Follow Hawaii News Now:    

Copyright 2014 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.