Investigators say an electric baseboard heater in a bedroom is to blame for a deadly house fire in Muhlenberg County that claimed the lives of nine people in one family.
The fire broke out around 2 a.m. on Motes Lane in the community of Depoy in the Graham-Greenville area.
Kentucky State Police say the victims are members of the Watson family. The mother, 35-year-old Larae (who also goes by Nikki), 15-year-old Madison, 14-year-old Kaitlyn, 13-year-old Morgan, nine-year-old Emily, eight-year-old Samuel, six-year-old Raegan, and four-year-old twins, Mark and Nathaniel.
The survivors, 36-year-old Chad and 11-year-old Kylie, were flown to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee where they are listed in critical but stable condition with burns.
Investigators say they found eight of the bodies in the front master bedroom. The ninth victim was found eight-to-ten feet from the rest.
Kentucky State Police say they had to dig through a considerable amount of debris to locate all of the victims.
Family members says the single-story home has been in the family for a long time. We're told Chad's parents built the house.
They also tell us that Chad is a local pastor and has several pastors in his family.
Copyright 2014 WFIE. All rights reserved.