Springfield family homeless following apartment fire - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

Springfield family homeless following apartment fire

Posted: Updated:

A family of six is homeless Saturday night following a fire in their apartment.

The blaze happened on the fourth floor of an apartment building on Oswego Street shortly before 11 a.m.

Dennis Leger, aide to Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, told CBS 3 that an overheated electrical cord was the reason for the fire.

There were no injuries.

Leger said the fire caused $57,000 in damage.

The family of two adults and four children is being assisted by the Red Cross.

Copyright 2014 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.