A Springfield family was ordered out of their home after a fire revealed major code violations within the home.
Springfield fire officials told CBS 3 they responded to 91 Ambrose St. around 10 a.m. Wednesday for an electrical fire in the basement.
An official with Springfield's code enforcement said both the electrical and water meters had been illegally bypassed.
The home was condemned until these connections were legally restored. The Red Cross is assisting the two adults and two children who have been displaced.
Copyright 2014 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.