A man wrongfully convicted of first degree murder in Springfield in 2008 has filed a lawsuit against the state.
Charles Wilhite spent almost four years in prison before he was found not guilty during a second trial in January of 2013.
His attorney, Howard Friedman, told CBS 3 the Commonwealth claimed he had been the shooter in the Springfield murder, but two witnesses later said they only made their identifications due to police pressure.
The complaint was filed in state court on Tuesday.
Wilhite is seeking $500,000 for damages caused by his wrongful conviction.
Copyright 2014 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.