Father and son keep mobile home fire from spreading, using a gar - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

Father and son keep mobile home fire from spreading, using a garden hose

Posted: Updated:
Crews inside mobile home (Source: Adam Goldberg/Northwest Fire District) Crews inside mobile home (Source: Adam Goldberg/Northwest Fire District)
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Northwest Fire crews responded to a call about a mobile home fire on Tucson's west side.  

Crews arrived at the 1100 block of W. Wabash, within five minutes of the initial call, according to NWFD Captain Adam Goldberg.  21 firefighters had the fire under control within seven minutes of arrival.  

A father and son, working next door to the mobile home were alerted to the fire by residents in the mobile home.  According to NWFD officials the duo broke out a window and used a garden hose to try and keep the fire from spreading.  The fire was contained to a bedroom, causing an estimated $15,000 in damage to the home, said NWFD officials.  

Both occupants in the home and their animals were able to get out of the home without any injuries.  Red Cross is assisting the couple who have been displaced.  

NWFD officials are saying the fire was accidental, caused by the improper disposal of a cigarette. 

Copyright 2014 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.