Springfield firefighters extinguish flames at auto body shop - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

Springfield firefighters extinguish flames at auto body shop

Posted: Updated:
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WSHM) -

Springfield fire crews responded to reports of flames at an auto body shop in the city's South End Tuesday night. 

Flames broke inside the garage at 510 Main Street at Bear's Auto Center and have since been put out by firefighters. 

Fire officials tell CBS 3 the flames started in a 1995 Hyundai that was inside the garage. At this time, it appears there was an electrical failure in the car that sparked the fire.

Officials say there is smoke and heat damage to the auto shop, but no structural damage.

One firefighter did injure his hand and was taken to Baystate Medical Center, but he is expected to be ok.

CBS 3 Springfield will have more details as they become available.

Copyright 2014 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.