Chicopee building evacuated following carbon monoxide leak - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

Chicopee building evacuated following carbon monoxide leak

Posted: Updated:
A carbon monoxide leak was reported at 38 Front St. in Chicopee on Monday morning. A carbon monoxide leak was reported at 38 Front St. in Chicopee on Monday morning.

Emergency personnel responded to Front Street for reports of a carbon monoxide leak on Monday morning.

The Chicopee Fire Department and the gas company responded to 38 Front St. about 11 a.m.

The building was evacuated due to the high levels of carbon monoxide.

Officials say a gas water heater was likely the cause of the elevated levels of carbon monoxide inside the building. 

Copyright 2014 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.