·Springfield Public Schools (Monday, Feb. 2 - via Facebook)
· East Longmeadow Public Schools (Monday, Feb. 2 - via Facebook)
·Wales Public Schools (Monday, Feb. 2 - via Facebook)
The following towns and cities have indicated CBS 3 of parking bans:
· Greenfield (Monday at 1 a.m. thru Tuesday at 6 a.m.)
· Ludlow (Sunday at 11 p.m. thru Wednesday at 7 p.m.)
· Easthampton (Including a closure of Rt. 141 / Mountain Road beginning at midnight)
· Holyoke (6 p.m. Sunday thru 6 a.m. on Tuesday)
· Granby (Sunday at 10 p.m. to Tuesday at 4 p.m.)
· Longmeadow (During snow storm thru 12 hours after end of snow fall)
· Springfield (Beginning Sunday at 7 p.m.)· Agawam (Beginning 12 a.m. on Monday through Tuesday at 6 p.m.)
· Monson (Beginning Sunday at 10 p.m. until further notice)
· Chicopee (Beginning 12 a.m. on Monday to Tuesday at 6 a.m.)· West Springfield (Beginning at 1 a.m. on Monday)
Peter Pan bus services have canceled all transportation “north of New York” for Monday 2/2/2015.
From CBS 3 Springfield Meteorologist Mike Skurko:
“The latest storm track has snow developing in Springfield around midnight Sunday, time to get home from your Super Bowl parties. Snow will intensify overnight and through Monday morning. Snow continues through the afternoon, then ends around 7 p.m. Monday.
Snowfall totals are expected to be 8 to 12 inches throughout Western Massachusetts. The heaviest bands of snow are expected between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday. About half of those totals (4 to 6 inches) should be on the ground for the Monday morning commute.
Beyond that, it stays cold through the first week of January. Sunny skies are expected Tuesday but highs will be stuck in the teens like today. Mostly cloudy skies return Wednesday with another low pressure system providing snow to the region for Thursday.”
LATEST FORECAST: http://www.cbs3springfield.com/weather