A Chicopee firefighter was taken to the hospital for injuries after battling a blaze at 51-53 Alvord Avenue Friday night.
The call came in shortly before 6 p.m.
Fire officials tell CBS 3 that the fire was likely sparked by the dryer and caused about $15,000 in damage.
Everyone was able to make it out of the multi-family home. The four people displaced are getting assistance from Red Cross.
Fire officials do not know the extent of the firefighter's injury or his current condition.
CBS 3 will have the latest information on CBS 3 News at 11.
Copyright 2015 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.