A gas leak was reported in Northampton on Wednesday after ice slid off a roof and damaged a gas line.
The leak occurred at 6 Hatfield Street near Bridge Road at about 3 p.m. About 25 people were evacuated from the business - OnCall Urgent Care Center.
Police closed the road to traffic while Columbia Gas crews tested the air quality and made repairs.
The leak happened between the gas meter and the building, so crews will have to dig up the street valve to make repairs. Gas has been shut off in the area and Columbia Gas crews will be conducting air quality tests.
The scene was secured and cleared several hours later.
Northampton fire rescue took to their Facebook page praising the efforts of first responders, saying the situation could have ended differently.
Copyright 2015 WSHM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.