Man dies from injuries after catching on fire at Agawam home - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

Man dies from injuries after catching on fire at Agawam home

Posted: Updated:

A man has died from serious burns sustained while working at his Agawam home Sunday morning.

Agawam Fire Chief Alan Sirois told CBS 3 that responders encountered a man outside a garage at 655 Cooper Street who had serious burns.

The man was transported to Baystate Medical Center and later died from his injuries.

Officials are not releasing the identity of the deceased at this time.

Investigators assigned to the State Fire Marshals Office determined the victim was operating an Acetylene cutting torch when his clothing caught fire. The fire has been ruled accidental.

Nearly an hour later, Agawam firefighters responded to an auto detail shop at 85 Ramah Circle North.

Fire Chief Alan Sirois told CBS 3 at 12:20 p.m. crews responded a building heavily filled with smoke.

Sirois said the building sustained minor fire and smoke damage.

A dog was in the building at the time of the fire and perished in the blaze.

The fire is currently under investigation by the Agawam Detective Bureau, Agawam Fire Department and State Fire Marshals.

Powered by Frankly
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.