Grill fire spreads to house, displaces Ludlow residents - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

Grill fire spreads to house, displaces Ludlow residents

Posted: Updated:
LUDLOW, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -

Two Ludlow residents were displaced after a grill fire spread to their Ventura Street home Tuesday evening.

The fire was reported near the intersection of Poole and Ventura streets shortly after 6 p.m., according to a Ludlow Fire Department dispatcher.

Officials say a grill fire at 450 Ventura St. spread to the house's siding and up into the attic. The homeowner was able to slow the spread of the fire by using fire extinguishers and a garden hose, but the flames did cause structure damage in the attic.

No injuries were reported in the fire.

Poole Road was temporarily closed by police while firefighters extinguished the fire. 

Copyright 2015. Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved

Powered by Frankly
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.