Four pets die in Chicopee house fire that displaces family - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

Four pets die in Chicopee house fire that displaces family

Posted: Updated:
Fairmont Street house fire Fairmont Street house fire
CHICOPEE, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -

A family is displaced after their home on Fairmont Street caught fire Friday night claiming the lives of four of their pets.

Chicopee fire dispatch told Western Mass News that crews responded to the house located at 37 Fairmont St. at about 10:30 p.m.

The family was not home at the time the fire started.

The road was temporarily closed while crews worked to extinguish the flames. It took the Chicopee Fire Department only a few minutes to bring the situation under control.

Chicopee Fire Deputy Dupre told us they were able to rescue one dog from the home, but another dog and three cats inside did not make it out alive.

No one was injured in the fire.

Deputy Dupre said the cause has been ruled accidental, but that they "couldn't rule out smoking materials."

The damage was mainly contained to the first floor and is estimated at about $35,000.

Copyright 2015. Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.


Powered by Frankly
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.