Crews evacuate Hilton Garden Inn after short in electrical wirin - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

Crews evacuate Hilton Garden Inn after short in electrical wiring

Posted: Updated:
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -

Around 7:00 p.m. Sunday evening, the Springfield Fire Department responded to the Hilton Garden Inn on West Columbus Ave. after a short in electrical wiring caused smoke to sound an alarm.

While there was an emergency evacuation, no injuries were reported.

Hotel management told Western Mass News that while the elevators are not yet back in service yet, "everything should be restored soon."

Copyright 2015 Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
 

Powered by Frankly
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.