Boston woman warns of electrocution dangers for pets - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

Boston woman warns of electrocution dangers for pets

Posted: Updated:

BOSTON (AP) - A Boston woman says she wants to warn fellow dog owners about the dangers of possible electrocution.

Mary Beth Begley tells WHDH-TV that her dog, Bob, was recently electrocuted and killed by a stray voltage under Southampton Street. The woman says she and her dog were approaching a light control box when Bob suddenly collapsed.

Boston Public Works says the stray voltage issue was caused by a corroded grounding lug. Begley says she was told that de-icing materials used during the winter can deteriorate or corrode wiring.

A man reported that his two dogs were electrocuted two months ago when they stepped on a manhole cover near the Adams Street Bridge.

Public works spokesman Chris Coakley says the department is saddened by the incident and has made the area safe.

Information from: WHDH-TV, http://www1.whdh.com

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.