An Indian Orchard woman has been forced to find another place to stay after a fire damaged her home Wednesday afternoon.
According to Dennis Leger, Aide to Springfield Fire Commissioner, crews arrived to 16 1/2 Parker Street around 6:10 p.m.
Leger said the fire spread throughout the second floor of the house and caused $70,000 in damage.
The cause of the fire was determined to be from unattended cooking.
The Red Cross is assisting that resident at this time.
Copyright 2018 Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.