Two people have been displaced following a house fire in Southwick overnight.
The Southwick Fire Chief, Russ Anderson told Western Mass News they were called to the scene on Eagle Street at about 3 o'clock Saturday morning and when they arrived they could see smoke and flames coming from the roof.
"It was a stubborn fire, being a fire in a small space...probably about 45 min. to get it under control," Anderson explained to us.
Mutual aid was called in from Connecticut including Suffield, CT and Granby, CT as well as from Granville.
The home has been deemed uninhabitable at this time.
"A couple was displaced," Anderson noted.
As of about 8:15 a.m. the Southwick Fire Department remained on scene.
"Lot of insulation, so checking for hot spots, and then conducting an investigation," Anderson told us.
Luckily, there were no injuries reported.
The cause of the fire appears to be electrical in nature at this point, we're told, it's not being considered suspicious.
The Southwick Fire Department is expected to continue their investigation this morning.
Copyright 2018 Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.