A Holyoke man is facing a number of charges after he reportedly led police on a chase through Springfield Thursday night.
Springfield police said 22-year-old Ramell Crawford fled from officers when they responded to a disturbance on Orchard Street around 9:20 p.m.
Crawford drove down Orchard and Plainfield Street with no headlights on and was speeding, police said.
Officers attempted to stop Crawford on Plainfield and West Streets, but he sped off when officers were looking inside his car, and he was eventually stopped on 77 West Street.
Police said they searched Crawford's car after the chase and found he had a firearm next to him that he did not have a license for.
Crawford was charged with the following:
• Possession of a Firearm without an FID Card
• Operating a Motor Vehicle with a suspended license
• Failure to stop for police
• Failure to stop/yield
• Possession of Ammo without an ID
• Improper storage of a firearm
• Failure to Signal
• Motor Vehicle Lights Violation
• Speeding a rate greater than responsible
Copyright 2018 Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.