Unattended cooking fire leaves three Springfield residents displ - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

Unattended cooking fire leaves three Springfield residents displaced

Posted: Updated:
Image Courtesy: Springfield FD Image Courtesy: Springfield FD
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -

Three Springfield residents have been displaced from their home due to an unattended cooking fire Thursday afternoon. 

Denis Leger, Executive Aide to the Springfield Fire Commissioner said crews responded to the home on 37 Layzon Brothers Road around 7:10 p.m.

Leger noted the kitchen fire was quickly extinguished, and no injuries were reported.

The fire caused around $30,000 in damage, according to Leger. 

Those residents are being assisted by the American Red Cross at this time. 

Copyright 2018 Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.