FD: Improper disposal of ashes caused Springfield garage fire - Western Mass News - WGGB/WSHM

FD: Improper disposal of ashes caused Springfield garage fire

Posted: Updated:
Image Courtesy: Springfield FD Image Courtesy: Springfield FD
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -

Springfield fire officials said a garage fire Monday evening was caused by  improper disposal of charcoal ashes. 

Denis Leger, Aid to the Springfield Fire Commissioner said firefighters responded to the scene on 16 Bennington Street around 7:08 p.m.

Leger said the fire started on the exterior of the garage, which ultimately caused $15,000 in damage. 

Copyright 2018 Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
WSHM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WGGB/WSHM; Springfield, MA. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.