The Springfield man who allegedly struck an officer last week with his vehicle and was shot by that officer, has pleaded not guilty to a slew of charges.
24-year-old, Geovonny Hernandez was arraigned Tuesday morning and faces more than 20 charges.
His arraignment comes following his release from the hospital for treatment related to his gunshot wound. The officer he allegedly hit suffered non-life threatening injuries and is back on duty, we're told.
The officer was struck by the suspect on Tuesday, July 3rd around 4 p.m. near the corner of Belmont Avenue and Forest Street while police were conducting a firearms investigation in the city's lower Forest Park neighborhood.
Hernandez was one of 7 people who were being sought by police that day as part of their operation.
During the investigation Hernandez allegedly hit the officer and that officer then shot him, police say.
As result of that operation, 13 people ended up being arrested, with drugs, weapons and cash all seized as well.
The mayor of Springfield, Domenic Sarno, tells Western Mass News that he'd like to see more operations like these.
He says the people who were arrested in this raid were, "dealing poison," and "a detriment to individuals and families," that have had to live with it in their neighborhood.
As it relates to Hernandez, he's facing a total of 22 charges and was arraigned in Springfield District Court Tuesday morning.
You can read his full list of charges by Clicking Here.
Western Mass News is continuing to follow this story today. Stay with us at Noon on ABC40 for the Latest. We'll have a Live report, tune in.
Copyright 2018 Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.