One firefighter was injured while battling a fire Friday morning.
Dennis Leger, aide to Springfield's fire commissioner, said that crews responded to the MassMutual property on State Street just before 11 a.m. today for a small fire in a hallway.
The fire, which was in an annex building hall, was quickly extinguished.
One firefighter suffered a hand injury during the call.
Leger noted that the fire was caused after sparks from welding work caught some insulation on fire.
The fire caused under $5,000 in damage.
Copyright 2018 Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.