An investigation into cocaine distribution in Springfield led to the arrest of an 18-year-old city resident Friday morning.
Springfield Police placed Isaias Gonzalez under arrest after they executed a search warrant at his first floor apartment on 25 Hall Street around 11 a.m.
According to police, when officers entered Gonzalez's apartment, he was in bed with a woman and a baby when he attempted to reach for a gun underneath the mattress.
Luckily, officers were able to secure Gonzalez's hand while it was still under the mattress and he was taken into custody.
Police said they recovered a loaded semi-automatic firearm, drug residue, paraphernalia associated with narcotic sales, and cash.
Gonzalez was charged with the following:
• Carrying a loaded firearm without a license
• Possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number
• Possession of a firearm during a felony
• Assault by means of a dangerous weapon (6 counts)
• Possession of a Class B drug with intent to distribute
Copyright 2018 Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.