Today, about one in five school-aged children is considered significantly overweight for his or her age and height. Additionally, the percentage of children with obesity in the United States has more than tripled since the 1970s, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Because of this, Western Mass News has teamed up with Big Y's registered dietitian nutritionists to bring families tips, recipes and resources to help keep you and your loved ones healthy. Check back often for new segments and featured recipes and be sure to submit your nutrition questions for expert insight.
Big Y's Registered Dietitian Nutritionists: Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN - Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN
With hectic family schedules, it can be hard to put together nourishing meals in minutes!
Cooking at home is one of the easiest ways to control the nutritional quality of the food you and your children eat.
Preparing meals with children is a great way to inspire them about food and nutrition too.
Watch as we share easy meal inspirations that are ready in twenty minutes or less!
- LWES Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/livingwelleatingsmart @LivingWellEatingSmart
- Dietitian Store Tours & Events - www.bigy.com/LivingWell/Events
- Contact info: E-mail us - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recipes - www.bigy.com/MyBigY
- Newsletter - www.bigy.com/LivingWell/Newsletters
Links to Other Resources: