Bishop Woods School

The Bishop Woods School in New Haven.

NEW HAVEN, CT (WFSB) - Police responded to a report of possible overdoses at a magnet school in New Haven on Friday afternoon.

They said they were called to the Bishop Woods School on Quinnipiac Avenue.

Five students ingested what appeared to be candy that was brought in by a student and began vomiting, according to police.

Those students were transported to a hospital. Their parents were informed of the situation.

Police said they are investigating what may have been in the candy.

They conducted a sweep of the school and it appeared that no other children ingested the substance. 

All other students at the school were ok and school resumed, police said. Social workers were said to be going to classes to talk to the students about what happened.

Copyright 2022 Gray Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved.

Locations

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.