SOUTHWICK, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -- Firefighters were called to a chimney fire on Hillside Road in Southwick overnight.

This was around 2 a.m. Saturday at a house on the street.

When the Western Mass News crew arrived we could see multiple emergency vehicles including an ambulance and several fire trucks.

Luckily, no one was hurt or displaced by the fire which was quickly extinguished.

This according to the Southwick Police Department. We're told the fire was caused 'in part by the home's pellet stove.'

Firefighters were able to clear the scene around 4:25 a.m.

Further details weren't immediately available.

Copyright 2018 Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Content Producer

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.