Cooley St. Burger King to remain closed following grease fire

Image Courtesy: Springfield FD

Dinnertime was interrupted at the Cooley Street Burger King after a grease fire broke out Wednesday afternoon.

Denis Leger, Aide to the Springfield Fire Commissioner told Western Mass News crews arrived to the fast food restaurant around 5:18 p.m.

Leger said the fire inside the grill area exhaust vent system duct work was quickly extinguished.

The Health Department was notified, and the restaurant will be closed until sometime on Thursday, according to Leger.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2018 Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.