Emergency crews responded to a working fire in Springfield Saturday night.

The Springfield Fire Department said the fire was at 306 Union Street.

Upon arrival, crews found a bathroom fire in one of the apartments.

The fire was quickly extinguished.

Red Cross was at the scene to assist four residents. Luckily, they were not displaced, according to Dennis Leger, Aid to the Springfield Fire Commissioner.

There were no reported injuries.

Leger told us the estimated damage is under $20,000.

Springfield Fire Department said the cause of the fire was electrical.

Copyright 2018 Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Locations

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.