Police Lights 021520

(photo MGN-online)

SOUTHWICK, MA (WGGB/WSHM) – Three people have been hospitalized following an incident at a Southwick restaurant.

Southwick Fire Chief Russ Anderson told Western Mass News that a maintenance person was working at Dunkin’ Donuts on the corner of Congamond Road and College Highway when a chemical was poured down a drain.

Three people were overcome by fumes and were taken to Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield as a precautionary measure.

Anderson added that a hazardous materials team is being brought in to assess the situation.

It’s not immediately known what kind of chemicals were poured in the drain.

Southwick Police and Mass. DEP are also on-scene.

Stay up-to-date with the latest news and weather.  Download the Western Mass News App

You can now get the latest Western Mass News headlines on Alexa.  Click here to activate the skill.

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Copyright 2020 Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.