BURLINGTON, Mass. (AP) — Massachusetts authorities say the chemical mixture that resulted in the death of a Buffalo Wild Wings employee was applied by another employee.

Burlington fire officials' preliminary investigation Friday shows that 32-year-old Ryan Baldera was overcome by the fumes after a second employee combined two cleaning agents to the restaurant's kitchen floor while attempting to clean it.

Baldera, the general manager, died after being rushed to a hospital Thursday night.

At least 13 people were hospitalized and have since been released.

Authorities say the Lawrence resident was married and had an infant son.

A Buffalo Wild Wings statement says the company is "shocked and saddened" and working with the franchisee and authorities.

The suburban Boston sports bar is closed while the investigation continues.

Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.