Saved by the bell: Warren family acts quickly when carbon monoxide alarm goes off.

(photo MGN-online)

WARREN, MA (WGGB/WSHM) - A Warren family acted quickly when their carbon monoxide alarm went off Sunday evening.

According to Officer Shawn Morin of the Warren Police Department, a carbon monoxide sounded at a home on Old West Brookfield Road.

Four people and their dog were home at the time the alarm sounded.

One of the people inside immediately called police, and they were told to evacuate their home.

Fire and police officials arrived on scene and determined that a malfunctioning furnace was what caused the alarm to go off.

Thankfully, everyone, including their furry friend, was alright.

Police would like to remind the public to make sure that their carbon monoxide detectors are fully functioning in case these kinds of situations should arise.

Copyright 2018 Western Mass News (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.

Content Producer

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.