SPRINGFIELD, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -- Three of the area's health providers have released information as it relates to coronavirus testing.
TRINITY HEALTH OF NEW ENGLAND (as of Friday, May 29)
- 29,260 people have been tested across their health system
- 21,187 tested negative
- 7,361 tested positive
- 712 pending
COOLEY DICKINSON HEALTH CARE (as of Friday, May 29)
- 6 people are hospitalized with COVID-19
- 2 of those 6 people are in the ICU
- 0 inpatients are under investigation for COVID-19
- Total: 66 people under investigation, including inpatients
- Total: 725 people positive for COVID-19
BAYSTATE HEALTH (as of Sunday, May 31)
- 13,670 people have tested across their health system (209 more tests since Saturday)
- 11,859 tested negative (299 more since Saturday)
- 1,754 (12.8%) tested positive (14 more since Saturday)
- 57 pending
- 44 people are hospitalized with COVID-19
- 9 of those 44 patients are in critical care units
- 23 people are hospitalized and are under investigation for COVID-19
Baystate Health explained that the percentage of positive tests, out of all tests performed, will likely gradually decline as more a wider group of patients - with a broad range of symptoms - is tested.
"Expanded testing allows us to identify more cases in the community and take steps to limit transmission to further contain the pandemic regionally," officials said.
Since the pandemic began, Baystate noted that the percentage of positive tests has gone down from approximately 24 percent to 13.2 percent.
Patients by hospital:
- Baystate Medical Center: 44 COVID-19 confirmed, 8 people under investigation
- Baystate Franklin Medical Center: 0 COVID-19 confirmed, 0 people under investigation
- Baystate Wing Hospital: 0 COVID-19 confirmed, 9 people under investigation
- Baystate Noble Hospital: 0 COVID-19 confirmed, 6 people under investigation
"We will continue to closely monitor our curves as more states ease restrictions," Baystate explained.
Western Mass News will continue to follow this story and will have more information as it becomes available.