SPRINGFIELD, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -- Three of the area's health providers have released information as it relates to coronavirus testing.
TRINITY HEALTH OF NEW ENGLAND (as of Tuesday, June 2)
- 30,595 people have been tested across their health system
- 22,730 tested negative
- 7,471 tested positive
- 394 pending
COOLEY DICKINSON HEALTH CARE (as of Monday, June 1)
- 6 people are hospitalized with COVID-19
- 2 of those 6 people are in the ICU
- 0 inpatients are under investigation for COVID-19
- Total: 24 people under investigation, including inpatients
- Total: 728 people positive for COVID-19
BAYSTATE HEALTH (as of Tuesday, June 2)
- 14,161 people have tested across their health system
- 12,335 tested negative
- 1,765 tested positive
- 52 pending
- 42 people are hospitalized with COVID-19
- 3 of those 42 patients are in critical care units
- 31 people are hospitalized and are under investigation for COVID-19
Baystate Health explained that the percentage of positive tests, out of all tests performed, will likely gradually decline as more a wider group of patients - with a broad range of symptoms - is tested.
"Expanded testing allows us to identify more cases in the community and take steps to limit transmission to further contain the pandemic regionally," officials said.
Since the pandemic began, Baystate noted that the percentage of positive tests has gone down from approximately 24 percent to 13.2 percent.
Patients by hospital:
- Baystate Medical Center: 42 COVID-19 confirmed, 3 people under investigation
- Baystate Franklin Medical Center: 0 COVID-19 confirmed, 0 people under investigation
- Baystate Wing Hospital: 0 COVID-19 confirmed, 4 people under investigation
- Baystate Noble Hospital: 2 COVID-19 confirmed, 1 people under investigation
Western Mass News will continue to follow this story and will have more information as it becomes available.