SPRINGFIELD, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -- Three of the area's health providers have released information as it relates to coronavirus testing.
COOLEY DICKINSON HEALTH CARE (as of Friday, October 16)
- 0 people are hospitalized with COVID-19
- 0 inpatients under investigation for COVID-19
- Total: 69 people under investigation, including inpatients
- Total: 922 people positive for COVID-19
BAYSTATE HEALTH (as of Saturday, October 17)
- 20 people are hospitalized with COVID-19
- 1 of those 20 patients is in a critical care unit
Patients by hospital:
- Baystate Medical Center: 19 COVID-19 confirmed
- Baystate Franklin Medical Center: 0 COVID-19 confirmed
- Baystate Wing Hospital: 0 COVID-19 confirmed
- Baystate Noble Hospital: 1 COVID-19 confirmed
"As testing is now widespread and many facilities beyond Baystate Health are conducting tests, we now are focusing solely on inpatient numbers. Statewide testing numbers are available on the Massachusetts Department of Public Health COVID-19 Dashboard. However, if there is a significant event that affects the testing numbers, we will do a one-time reporting of those figures," Baystate Health said in a statement.
As of Sunday, July 5, Baystate Health had reported that over 24,500 people had been tested across their health system. Of those, over 1,900 people tested positive.
Since the pandemic began, Baystate noted that the percentage of positive tests has gone down from approximately 24% to 8.2%.
"We will continue to closely monitor our curves as states ease restrictions and mass gatherings continue. Careful vigilance will also provide early clues to any potential recurrent surge of the regional pandemic," Baystate Health said in a statement.
Western Mass News will continue to follow this story and will have more information as it becomes available.