HOLYOKE, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -- There's new information regarding veteran resident deaths at the Holyoke Soldiers' Home.
Officials with the state's Executive Office of Health and Human Services said Monday that 98 veterans have died.
Of those who died:
- 76 tested positive for COVID-19
- 18 tested negative
- 1 unknown
- 2 recovered
The most recent death was a veteran resident tested negative.
All veteran residents have been retested, and the results as of June 29 are as follows:
- Retesting results of all residents:
- 0 veteran residents are positive (across the Home and those at Holyoke Medical Center)
- 63 veteran residents have tested negative
- 84 veterans have recovered after testing positive
- 1 resident is refusing testing
In terms of where the residents are located, the Executive Office of Health and Human Services said:
- 120 residents are onsite
- 28 residents are offsite
- 26 residents are at a dedicated skilled nursing unit at Holyoke Medical Center
- 1 resident is receiving acute care offsite
Employees at the Home have been retested and have clinically recovered.
Western Mass News continue to follow this story and will have the latest on-air and online as it becomes available.