Red Sox vs. Padres Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 20
Saturday's game features the Boston Red Sox (25-20) and the San Diego Padres (20-25) squaring off at PETCO Park in what should be a close matchup, with a projected 6-4 win for the Red Sox according to our computer prediction. First pitch is at 10:10 PM ET on May 20.
The Padres will give the nod to Joe Musgrove (1-1, 6.63 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 2 on the season, and the Red Sox will turn to Chris Sale (3-2, 5.40 ERA).
Red Sox vs. Padres Game Info & Odds
- When: Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 10:10 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Red Sox vs. Padres Score Prediction
Our pick for this contest is Red Sox 6, Padres 5.
Total Prediction for Red Sox vs. Padres
- Total Prediction: Over 7.5 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Discover More About This Game
|Red Sox Injury Report|
|Padres vs Red Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|Padres vs Red Sox Player Props|
|Padres vs Red Sox Pitching Matchup|
|How to Watch Padres vs Red Sox|
|Padres vs Red Sox Odds|
Red Sox Performance Insights
- The Red Sox have played as the underdog in seven of their past 10 games and have gone 4-3 in those contests.
- When it comes to the over/under, Boston and its opponents are 6-4-0 in its last 10 games.
- The past 10 Red Sox games have not had a runline set by bookmakers.
- The Red Sox have been underdogs in 26 games this season and have come away with the win 14 times (53.8%) in those contests.
- Boston has a win-loss record of 13-12 when favored by -105 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Red Sox have a 51.2% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- The offense for Boston is No. 3 in MLB, scoring 5.6 runs per game (254 total runs).
- Red Sox pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.91 ERA this year, which ranks 26th in MLB.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Red Sox Schedule
|May 14||Cardinals||L 9-1||Corey Kluber vs Miles Mikolas|
|May 15||Mariners||L 10-1||Tanner Houck vs George Kirby|
|May 16||Mariners||W 9-4||Nick Pivetta vs Luis Castillo|
|May 17||Mariners||W 12-3||Brayan Bello vs Marco Gonzales|
|May 19||@ Padres||W 6-1||James Paxton vs Blake Snell|
|May 20||@ Padres||-||Chris Sale vs Joe Musgrove|
|May 21||@ Padres||-||Corey Kluber vs Michael Wacha|
|May 22||@ Angels||-||Tanner Houck vs Chase Silseth|
|May 23||@ Angels||-||Brayan Bello vs Griffin Canning|
|May 24||@ Angels||-||James Paxton vs Tyler Anderson|
|May 26||@ Diamondbacks||-||Chris Sale vs Brandon Pfaadt|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.