Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The Toronto Blue Jays (80-67) and Boston Red Sox (74-73) clash in AL East action, on Friday at 7:07 PM ET.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Blue Jays will send Jose Berrios (10-10) to the mound, while Brayan Bello (12-8) will take the ball for the Red Sox.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 7:07 PM ET
- TV: SNET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Venue: Rogers Centre
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Berrios - TOR (10-10, 3.63 ERA) vs Bello - BOS (12-8, 3.68 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Red Sox Injury Report|
|Blue Jays vs Red Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Blue Jays vs Red Sox|
|Blue Jays vs Red Sox Odds|
|Blue Jays vs Red Sox Prediction|
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Brayan Bello
- Bello makes the start for the Red Sox, his 26th of the season. He is 12-8 with a 3.68 ERA and 117 strikeouts through 142 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Sunday against the Baltimore Orioles, the righty went five innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Over 25 games this season, the 24-year-old has amassed a 3.68 ERA and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .262 to opposing batters.
- Bello is trying to record his 15th quality start of the year.
- Bello will try to build upon a three-game streak of going five or more innings (he's averaging 5.7 frames per outing).
- He has not had an appearance yet in 2023 that he did not give up at least one earned run.
Brayan Bello vs. Blue Jays
- He meets a Blue Jays offense that ranks 16th in the league with 669 total runs scored while batting .258 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .417 slugging percentage (14th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 169 home runs (18th in the league).
- Head-to-head against the Blue Jays this season, Bello has thrown five innings, giving up two earned runs on six hits while striking out five.
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: José Berríos
- The Blue Jays will hand the ball to Berrios (10-10) for his 30th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Sunday, when he tossed seven innings while giving up two earned runs on five hits in a matchup with the Kansas City Royals.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in 29 games this season with an ERA of 3.63, a 3.27 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.199.
- He's going for his third straight quality start.
- Berrios has five starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has finished five appearances without allowing an earned run in 29 chances this season.
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 29-year-old's 3.63 ERA ranks 22nd, 1.199 WHIP ranks 22nd, and 8.4 K/9 ranks 29th.
José Berríos vs. Red Sox
- The Red Sox have scored 731 runs this season, which ranks eighth in MLB. They have 1334 hits, third in baseball, with 174 home runs (15th in the league).
- The Red Sox have gone 22-for-70 with five doubles, six home runs and 12 RBI in 17 innings this season against the right-hander.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.