Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 17
The Toronto Blue Jays (82-67) will look to Vladimir Guerrero Jr., currently on a three-game homer streak, versus the Boston Red Sox (74-75) at 1:37 PM ET on Sunday, at Rogers Centre.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Blue Jays will send Hyun-Jin Ryu (3-3) to the mound, while Nick Pivetta (9-9) will take the ball for the Red Sox.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 1:37 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Venue: Rogers Centre
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Ryu - TOR (3-3, 2.93 ERA) vs Pivetta - BOS (9-9, 4.56 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Red Sox Injury Report|
|Blue Jays vs Red Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|Blue Jays vs Red Sox Prediction|
|How to Watch Blue Jays vs Red Sox|
|Blue Jays vs Red Sox Odds|
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Nick Pivetta
- Pivetta (9-9 with a 4.56 ERA and 160 strikeouts in 122 1/3 innings pitched) goes for his 10th victory when he gets the start for the Red Sox, his 14th of the season.
- The righty's last time out was on Tuesday against the New York Yankees, when he went 5 1/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 30-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.56, with 11.8 strikeouts per nine innings in 35 games this season. Opponents have a .217 batting average against him.
- Pivetta is trying to pick up his third quality start of the season.
- Pivetta will try to pick up his 14th game of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 3.5 innings per appearance.
- He has had 13 appearances this season in which he did not surrender an earned run.
Nick Pivetta vs. Blue Jays
- He will face off against a Blue Jays offense that is batting .256 as a unit (10th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .415 (14th in the league) with 171 total home runs (18th in MLB play).
- Pivetta has thrown 14 innings, giving up seven earned runs on 13 hits while striking out 14 against the Blue Jays this season.
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Hyun-Jin Ryu
- The Blue Jays' Ryu (3-3) will make his ninth start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw six innings against the Texas Rangers, giving up three earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 36-year-old has pitched in eight games this season with an ERA of 2.93, a 3.67 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.050.
- He has started eight games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- Ryu has pitched five or more innings in six straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- In eight appearances this season, he has finished three without allowing an earned run.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.